Saturday, July 6, 2013

No need for sympathy


Any time I tell new people about Jordan (which tends to be quite a bit. Haha oops.), they give me that sympathetic look and apologize. I understand that we won’t be seeing each other for quite some time, but for goodness sake, he didn’t DIE! =P Silly gooses. In all honesty, this experience hasn’t been nearly as hard as I was expecting it to be. I’ve stayed as busy as I can, and time has gone by so quickly already. I mean really. 108 days today! Whaaaat?
 

Haha. Anyway, I came to the conclusion yesterday that this has got to be twice as hard for Jordan, since it’s all new to him. The day he left, I said goodbye to one person. He said goodbye to all his friends, family, and to Utah altogether! So now when I’m sulking on the couch reading some of his letters, I just remind myself that I’ve got it easy, all things considered.

Which is why I recently sent him a package from the heart. It has a letter for any sort of bad day I could think of. Whether he’s feeling a bit discouraged, homesick, or he’s just had a really rough day, there’s a letter for him to open. It seriously took ages to finish, but I think he’ll love them.

AND in other news, I have gotten a letter every week for three weeks. THIS NEVER HAPPENS. I'll try not to get used to it, but there are no complaints here. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm crazy, since I usually skip back into my apartment with a smile on my face any time I have mail. Oh well, life of an MG. Haha.♥
 

No comments:

Post a Comment